Remote radiators are often necessary where there is insufficient cooling air available inside the engine-generator room. In these situations, a remote radiator is specified to perform the job of the typical “engine-mounted” radiator.
Hurtado.cc represents API Heat Transfer, and their Covrad/GT brand, offering remote radiator cooling systems well-known for their quality and durability. Whether your engine has a single cooling circuit, split cooling circuit, or a charge-air cooling system, we can provide a complete solution for you.
Simplify the Process
We understand that a remote radiator is not a common application for the engine-generator distributor. That is why we encourage you to make one call to Hurtado.cc. We will provide you:
- A prompt solution from our product line, which includes vertical and horizontal remote radiators, from 3 sq.ft. to 120 sq.ft.
- Access to either a pre-engineered design, for typical ambient temperatures and airflow performance, or a custom-engineered system to meet exact specifications.
- 20+ years experience in sizing and selecting the correct cooling package for your specific engine. We have access to engine cooling performance data for Caterpillar, Cummins, MTU and other common engine brands.
- Flexibility to accommodate “clean environments” with radiator designs using our high-efficiency louvered fins, or clog-resistant non-louvered fins for outdoor installation in dirty environments (i.e.: concrete plants, water treatment plants, etc).
- Mechanically-Bonded Plate-Fin radiator designs, for the most demanding applications, such as prime-duty generators. The mechanically-bonded design is the ultimate in copper-core technology and is ideally suited for high-shock and vibration applications (mobile installations such as fracking rigs).
Options and Accessories
More than just a basic remote radiator, Hurtado.cc will provide you a “system”, complete with:
- Optional galvanized-steel structural members and solder-coated cores, to protect against corrosion damage.
- Fuel-oil coolers and charge-air coolers with pre-engineered pipe kits (when applicable).
- Auxiliary pump/motor skids when necessary to achieve proper coolant circulation to a remote radiator.
- Motor starters for radiator motors and auxiliary pumps.
- Expansion (surge) tanks with coolant level sensors and alarm switches.
In a nutshell, we source all ancillary components and combine them into a single, 100% compatible package, saving you time and effort in the procurement and installation of these components. All of this is backed up with engineered sizing reports detailing the cooling performance and construction standards for the proposed cooling system.
We welcome your inquiries for remote radiator cooling solutions. Simply contact us with any project specifications and plans, or fill out this Request For Quote Form and we will begin to work on a solution right away!