Simplex stationary load banks provide a permanently-installed electrical load for testing of diesel emergency generators. Simplex manufacturers stationary load banks of any load rating, resistive and/or inductive, for voltage applications up to 15kV. This article will help you select and specify the correct load bank for your application.
Here are our recommended steps for specifying a Simplex load bank:
- Follow the table below to identify the load capacity, type of load bank, and voltage applicable to your project.
- Download the pertinent Guide Specifications for the selected load bank model. You may insert these specifications into your electrical plans, or into your specifications book (typically under the Division 26 “Engine-Generators” section).
- Edit the specifications to include any requirements specific to your project (feel free to contact our office to discuss special requirements such as the inclusion of service disconnects, circuit breakers, transfer switches, etc.).
|200-650kW||up to 600Vac||Resistive||Neptune||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|700-1250kW||up to 600Vac||Resistive||Mars||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|500-1250kW||up to 15kV||Resistive||Mars-HV||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|1400-3200kW||up to 600Vac||Resistive||Saturn||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|1400-3000kW||up to 15kV||Resistive||Saturn-HV||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|300-1500kVA||up to 600Vac||Resistive/Inductive||Titan||Guide Specifications||Data Sheet|
|2000kW+||up to 600Vac||Custom Resistive and/or Inductive||Custom||Contact for Custom Specification Development||Custom|
Would you like to learn more about load banks and how they are applied to emergency generator installations? Check out these articles:
- Load Bank Fundamentals
- Key Components of a Mission-Critical Facility – Test Load Banks
- Testing your generator: It may start, but will it carry the load?
Do you need additional support with a custom requirement, or help in preparing your specifications or plans? Give us a call – we’re ready to help!