The Simplex PowerStar Portable Load Bank is an essential tool for generator set dealers and service providers. It is ideally-suited for testing of small engine-generators, whether in the service shop or out in the field. The PowerStar load bank can also be networked with other PowerStar load banks to allow testing of larger generators!
The PowerStar is a digitally-controlled load bank with all control accomplished via a hand-held touchscreen controller connected to the load bank via a supplied RS-232 network cable.
Standard features include:
- Use at all common 50 or 60 Hertz voltages, rated up to 110kW, 480VAC.
- Digital load control, 5kw resolution.
- Digital power transducer with volts, amps, frequency, and kilowatt meter displays on the touchscreen.
- Multiple Powerstar load banks can be networked together via RS-232 cables connected from the “out” connector on the first unit to the “in” connector on the next, and then “out-to-in” in succession until the desired number of units are connected.
- All control and metering is provided from a single hand-held controller.
- Operate fan and control circuits from a common 120V wall outlet (a 15’ cord is provided).
- Branch circuit fuse protection of load elements.
- Magnetic contactor control of load.
- Cam-Lok power connectors.
- Comprehensive malfunction detection system (high temperature, fan failure and over-voltage protection).
- Control circuits and fan motors protected by fuses.
- All instrumentation values for the total network are summed and displayed on the master controller.
- Forced air cooled, integral cooling fans.
- Type-1 enclosure.
- Casters and handles provided.